Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MY FIRST ESTYBLOGGER CARNIVAL


I recently got the opportunity to join the EtsyBloggers Street Team. It's really cool! I get to interact with Etsy shop owners who also blog about what they do. Guess what? That's me, too!

One of the requirements of being a member is to participate in at least one EtsyBlogger Blog Carnival. This week's topics are to either discuss your work or what you do to relax.

Since I work for a city government, I don't necessarily feel comfortable discussing it anymore than saying I run a library, basically, for one of the city departments.

However, I love to talk about my hobbies outside of quilting! I am a former English teacher and have degrees in English and History. I've been an avid reader since I can remember, and I've also been an avid writer since I was about 11.

Most of the time, if I'm not working on a quilt design, I'm reading a book or writing a story. Usually, if I'm reading one book, I'm reading three. Right now, I'm working on The Turning of the Screw and Other Stories by Henry James, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, and Lost by Gregory Maguire. I haven't really picked one to focus on at this moment. That's sort of what happens -- I'll dabble in about three until one really catches my attention and I finish it, then pick up the next most interesting one. I read on the bus to and from work a lot -- put on the iPod and ignore the people between whom I'm squished. Y'know, the men who are too rude to get up and allow another woman to have a seat and the boney, spiney women who think they can take up as much room as possible, especially if that includes poking you in the side for 20 minutes.

I get a lot of reading done with this method, elbows in my side and all. And I get funny looks, too, when I start to chuckle out loud about what I'm reading. It happens a lot. Oh well! If you're interested, I actually blog about my other hobbies: queenbookworm.blogspot.com and etasjes.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for English teachers! (used to be one myself!) Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Etsybloggers team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really great image of you on a bus, laughing like a loon, and everyone staring at you in disbelief! Thanks!

    Welcome to the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a librarian too, but work in a museum archives. Welcome to the etsyblogger carnival. Etsybloggers Rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...