Wednesday, August 31, 2011


It has been a long time since I posted.  Holy crap!  Recovering from gall bladder surgery was a bit more taxing than I thought it would be, at least on my sewing.

On top of that, my godfather died recently, and I got behind on the I {Heart} the 80s swap I signed up for.  But here are pictures of the Rainbow-Brite-inspired sewing machine cover I made for my partner.  I hope she likes it!

I used a Moda Marbles tropical layer cake to make the striped sides and top.  It was really fun to put this together.

This shot shows the color change best.  The sides of the cover are made from an ombre fabric that went from palest yellow to nearly red.  I used the pale yellow part to line the top/bottom of the cover.  It's also lined it white and can be reversed.

I think this is my favorite part, though.  It's been hard for me to keep my decorative stitches straight on my new machine.  Obviously it's a matter of practice.  This multi-colored little rainbow turned out really well!  I'm quite proud of it.  It goes all the way around the bottom and also shows up nice on the underside of the cover.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...