Monday, October 13, 2008

THE DISASTER THAT WAS HARVEST FESTIVAL

So it totally sucked to be honest. The weather would have been perfectly crisp but for the fact that it was so windy chairs were falling down and we were shaking all day.

I got up at 7:30 Saturday morning to help my mom. I was ABSOLUTELY frozen by the end of the day. We only sold about six hats and gave away a couple of order forms. There just weren't enough people -- they took a look out their windows Saturday morning and said, "Screw this!" It was miserable!

I didn't get anything sewn for the event. I used Malu's bargello that I gave her for her birthday last year. That was all I had. By the time I thought of making stuff, it was too late. Maybe for the Arts and Crafts fair this year. Who knows? Oy.

At least nobody missed anything. However, the parade did break the five-minute mark this year! It was cute. One of the guys drove his tractor backwards, which was pretty funny. When I asked my mother why he did that, she goes, "Because it's Ray." That pretty much summed it up. Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. awww, Hattie, sorry you had such a bad event! if it's any consolation noboday was at the market saturday either, after my stall fee, parking and babysitter I was left with about $10.00!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a few shows like that in Utah years ago. I really don't know which is worse - shivering all day or surviving the heat in the summer at outdoor shows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...