Monday, June 28, 2010

PROJECTS FOR MY MOMMA


I finally bought fabric for Mom's projects! She wants placemats, which I decided I'd make for her birthday, which is in September. I'm thinking I might make them reversible or something like that. Something funky. Anyway, I also bought enough to make a small table runner for her as well. Same fabric collection -- Blessings for Moda Fabrics. It's an older collection, and it took a bit to find some yardage at the quilt shop I visit. Oh well, we got it done! I bought two charm packs of the collection, and I might go back and buy all the rest I can find. It's not my style, that's for sure; but it is very definitely my mom's.

Here's a pic of one of the large-scale focal fabrics from the collection:


I picked this for the back of the runner. That way, she can turned it over and use the pretty backing as a runner, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...